Athletic Tracks Construction South Africa uses only the highest quality materials and has the personnel and expertise to evaluate the site and work with the owner. This insures that the project will produce a facility that provides performance for the athlete, value for the owner and longevity with ease of maintenance.
Athletic Tracks Construction South Africa, we’re not interested in merely installing high performance track surfaces. Instead, we choose to evaluate every detail from the base condition, drainage, slope and use to ensure performance and long lasting results. Athletic Tracks Construction South Africa has the experience and expertise to furnish you with a complete running track facility from the beginning stages of design to the final phase of synthetic surface installation and professional striping. Your completed facility will have the quality and appearance worthy of both school and community pride. We specialise in the following when dealing with Athletic Tracks Construction South Africa.
1. Consultation and Design
- Planning and design for the site is of vital importance to the performance and functionality of the facility. A site inspection, soils investigation and a meeting with all interested parties will constitute the first step in this process to identify the needs of the owner and of the site. The soils investigation will recommend procedures to maximize the longevity of the asphalt paving.
2. site work construction
Site work preparation to provide a stable base may include site clearing and earth work. For all types of synthetic turf fields, Renner Sports Surfaces can furnish the recommended drainage structure and laser-graded base.
The installation of a continuous interior collection channel provides all important drainage for running track and field, laser controlled dimension and elevation control, and serves as an interior curb.
Curbing provides a buffer between the running track and the surrounding area. It may be used on the outside perimeter of the track, the D-zone, or to edge asphalt event areas.
5. asphalt paving
The track oval normally consists of an aggregate base course and hot mix asphalt –Tar surfacing or post-tensioned concrete as specified by a soils engineer and applied to insure proper surface tolerance, slope, and grade.
A full line of latex and polyurethane-bound running track surfaces is available in a variety of colors and can be customized according to budget and athletic performance requirements.
7. professional striping
The markings and stripes are then expertly applied to conform to the requirements of the appropriate governing body.
The construction or renovation of a running track requires consideration of the many elements that comprise the entire track and field facility.
ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Size and elevation of available site
- Number, size, and location of event areas
- Type of soils
- Safety zone
- Subsurface site conditions
- Type of synthetic surface
- Sports to be played on the field
- Finish line location
- Level of competition to be run on the track
- Number of lanes
- Lighting, bleachers, fencing
- Raised or flush curb